Anime Sekai Policies
In consideration of being permitted to participate/attend in this convention, event organized by the Anime Sekai (each referred to as the “Event”),
I hereby acknowledge and agree to the following polices of participation:
together with any other policies or instructions posted on the web site or communicated by employees, officials, officers, volunteers, or other persons affiliated with or acting for or on behalf of the Anime Sekai, the City, or any Official Hotel, are effective and apply to me at all times when I am present on and around the Venue and Official Hotels in connection with the Event. The “Venue” refers to the location at which the Event is held. “Official Hotels” are hotels that the Anime Sekai has explicitly designated as such for the Event. The “City” refers to the city in which an Event is held.
1. I understand that my participation in any activity at the Event is voluntary. I FURTHER UNDERSTAND THAT SOME ACTIVITIES AT THE EVENT, SUCH AS BUT NOT LIMITED TO DANCING OR ROLE PLAYING, HAVE INHERENT RISKS AND DANGERS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OR INJURY TO MY PERSON OR PROPERTY, AND THAT AS A CONDITION OF BEING PERMITTED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE ANY ACTIVITY AT THE EVENT, I MUST ASSUME AND ACCEPT ALL RISKS OF HARM, LOSS, OR INJURY THAT MAY ARISE FROM OR BE RELATED TO PARTICIPATION IN THAT ACTIVITY. I HEREBY WAIVE AND RELEASE, indemnify, and hold harmless the Anime Sekai, the City, the Venue, the Official Hotels, and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, contractors, volunteers, managers, sponsors, funders, attendees, public officials, successors and assigns (“Released Parties”), from any and all demands, damages, losses, liabilities, causes of action, lawsuits, attorneys’ fees, and/or claims of every kind and nature, whether known or unknown, in law or equity, that I ever had or may have, arising from or in any way related to my participation in the Event, including acts or omissions by third parties such as medical providers and vendors of food or drink, arising from or in any way connected with my participation in the Event. I understand the nature of the Event activities in which I participate and represent that I am qualified to participate in such activities. I further acknowledge that I am aware that the Event will be conducted in facilities open to the public. I agree and warrant that if at any time I believe conditions of an Event activity to be unsafe, I will immediately discontinue further participation in the activity. I intend and desire for this Waiver to be interpreted as broadly as permitted under Texas law. This Waiver does NOT apply to any acts of gross negligence or intentional, willful, or wanton misconduct on the part of any Released Party.
1. In the Event of any injury or illness to me during my participation, I authorize the staff of the Event, the Anime Sekai, the Venue, or any Official Hotel to seek and obtain such emergency or medical services as may be deemed necessary at the time, but understand and agree that they shall not be obligated to do so.
1. I understand and acknowledge that if I break, deface, harm, or damage any real or personal property in connection with my participation in the Event, including but not limited to property of the Venue, any Official Hotel, or the City, I shall be solely and personally responsible for paying any and all costs and incidental or consequential damages relating to the replacement or repair of the damaged item or facility.
1. General Terms. This Waiver shall be construed using the laws of the State of Texas, except as they apply to conflicts of law. The language in all parts of this Waiver shall be construed as a whole in accordance with its fair meaning, not for or against any party, and without regard to any statutes that provide for the language of an agreement to be construed against the drafter. If any provision herein is determined to be unenforceable, that provision shall be severed and all other provisions shall remain in effect. I consent to the jurisdiction of any federal or state court within Abilene, Texas. This Waiver shall bind and be for the benefit of myself, Anime Sekai, and our respective heirs, fiduciaries, successors, and assigns. I have not relied upon any promise, representation, or warranty in signing this Waiver. This Waiver will continue in full force and effect even after the conclusion of the Event. You understand and agree that your electronic submission of agreement to this Waiver constitutes an electronic signature that is just as legally binding as your signature on a hard copy of the Waiver. Further, you agree that no certification authority or other third-party verification is required to validate this electronic signature, and that the lack of such certification or third-party verification shall not in any way effect the enforceability of this Waiver.
I SUBMIT THIS WAIVER VOLUNTARILY, OF MY OWN FREE WILL AND FREE OF PRESSURE, DURESS, OR THREAT OF DURESS. I HAVE READ THIS ENTIRE FORM CAREFULLY. I UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT BY ACCEPTING THIS WAIVER, I HAVE GIVEN UP CONSIDERABLE FUTURE LEGAL RIGHTS. MY SIGNATURE IS PROOF OF MY INTENTION TO EXECUTE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL WAIVER AND RELEASE SPJA OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW. I AM OVER 18 YEARS OLD AND I AM MENTALLY COMPETENT.
It is very important that you will be held accountable for reading and understanding these policies; Anyone who attends/vends Anime Sekai is expected to follow these rules.
DISRUPTIVE BEHAVIOR POLICY
Your registration at Anime Sekai entitles you to enjoy the primary benefit of that registration: you get to attend/vend at Anime Sekai. It does not entitle you access to staff only areas.
We work very hard to ensure that Anime Sekai takes place in a safe and family-friendly environment, and we need your cooperation. We have policies to address specifics such as weapons and lost children. We also have a general policy that we do not tolerate disruptive behavior of any sort, and we can and will take action when we see something we feel is dangerous or disruptive. The type of action we take may range from a quiet but stern word in private to forcible ejection from the convention, revocation of your registration/booth at Anime Sekai, or even criminal charges. (The action taken is solely at the discretion of Anime Sekai.)
The sorts of things that may trigger such action include fighting (fake or real), heckling, impeding traffic flow, offensive behavior, failure to observe basic hygiene, public inebriation (or similar intoxication), or any other failure to follow the rules and directions of staff members. Remember, anything illegal outside the convention is illegal inside the convention. If your behavior is clearly problematic, we will deal with it as a problem. Show common courtesy to your fellow attendees/vendors and Anime Sekai Staff, and follow the rules, and there’s no problem.
DEFAMATION of CHARACTER
Vendor/Volunteer understand that defamation of character is a serious offense in the state of Texas and will not be tolerated by this organization. Vendor/Volunteer agrees to never slander or defame Anime Sekai or its parent company through media, web chat, through the web in any form spoken or written at any time before, during, and after every event. To do so will bring legal action and vendor/volunteer agrees to pay Anime Sekai $10,000 plus any other legal damages brought on during a legal action suit.
PHOTOGRAPHY and Promotional Material
You must obtained permission from the vendor/artist for photography of any kind.
Attending this event you agree that all photos taken by Anime Sekai a volunteer/staff maybe selected to used at the directors descression.
Participants in Anime Sekai are granting their permission to be photographed or recorded by authorized Anime Sekai photographers. By purchasing your registration/booth/table you inherently grant Anime Sekai permission to use such images or footage for archival or promotional purposes.
Parent or Guardian’s Additional Release for Minors
In consideration of the minor attendee (the “Minor”) being permitted by the Anime Sekai to participate in the Event, I the undersigned represent and affirm that I am the parent or legal guardian of the Minor whose name appears above and that I have the authority to enter into this agreement on the Minor’s behalf. I understand and agree that the above terms and conditions apply to the Minor and to me. I further agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Anime Sekai from any and all claims that are brought by, or on behalf of, the Minor, and which are in any way connected with the Minor’s participation in the Event. I represent and warrant that I am over 18 years old and I am mentally competent.
Children 6 and under are free!
Anime Sekai is certain to be a fun family event. We want to ensure the satisfaction and safety of all of our attendees, especially children. In order to safeguard the well being of our youngest attendees, Anime Sekai has put these policies into effect and offers some advice when it comes to keeping track of children at an Anime Sekai.
A parent or guardian must accompany all children under the age of 12 at all times.
If a child is lost, we will make every attempt to contact you.
There may be certain panels at Anime Sekai that are designated as 18+. Attendees who wish to view these panels must be at least 18 years old. Please have identification ready at the door.
Code of Conduct and Weapons Policy for this Event
Weapons NOT Permitted at Anime Sekai include, but are not limited to the following:
NO LIVE STEEL at all will be permitted on the premises of the convention. Live steel is defined as:
• Swords, bayonets, and knives (regardless of whether or not they are sheathed)
• Star knives and shurikens
• Metal armor, including chainmail
• Other objects made of metal, which can take an edge. This holds true regardless of whether the object is actually sharp.
• Metal studs or chains on costumes or other metal components of costumes/props may also be subject to approval by Anime Sekai.
NO GUNS OR PROJECTILE LAUNCHERS OF ANY KIND will be permitted. Examples include, but are not limited to:
• Airsoft guns, any and all kinds, regardless of whether or not it is functional. A non-functional airsoft gun with no moving parts is still an airsoft gun.
• BB guns and pellet guns
• Bows*, Crossbows, dart guns, and blowguns (* Prop bows with no string may be permitted but must be cleared by security first.)
• Functional water guns or water pistols
• Stun guns and tasers
• The ONLY exception to this rule will be prop guns or resin models that are easily identifiable as toys, provided that they possess no moving parts and are clearly marked with a non-removable orange tip.
• NO “PADDLES,” of any sort will be permitted at the convention. This includes, but is not limited to Yaoi/Yuri Paddles.
• NO NUNCHAKU of any kind will be permitted.
NO EXPLOSIVES or CHEMICALS of any kind including, but not limited to:
• smoke powder, sparklers, or fireworks of any kind
Finally, if it is illegal outside in the City of Abilene and/or State of Texas, it is illegal inside the convention.
Illegal weapons will be reported to the appropriate authorities.
• Staves, bo sticks, boken, shinai, and wooden swords will be permitted as long as they are handled responsibly and meet all other criteria.
• Fake, prop, or made-up weapons (i.e. made of tissue paper, plaster of Paris, cloth) are permitted if they are safe and not dangerous to others around you. (Examples of dangerous conditions include, but are not limited to, items that may trip others, items that can snag on people or surroundings, items that obstruct doors and hallways.)
• Prop weapons shall be limited to less than six feet, six inches (6’6″) in height and less than fifty pounds (50lbs) in weight.
• Any metal chains are to be less than three feet (3’) in length. This includes, but is not limited to chain wallets or any non-costume chains as well.
BEHAVIOR with WEAPONS/PROPS
• Misuse of a weapon or prop, such as swinging it in a public area or posing a hazard to others, will result in the weapon or prop being deemed unsafe for the convention, and you will be asked to remove the item from the convention area.
• Any weapon (including Airsoft guns) purchased in the Vendors Room must be boxed and removed from convention area immediately, and should remain boxed and stored in your vehicle.
• All props and weapons brought into the convention may be inspected and either approved or rejected by Anime Sekai staff (see Peace Bonding), including those that may have had prior approval (other conventions, or pre-convention approval by Anime Sekai staff).
• Any item that poses a potential safety hazard may need to be removed from the convention.(This includes any costume, prop, or accessory that obstructs doors or hallways, or otherwise poses any kind of danger to other attendees, staff, or convention center property.)
When in doubt, check with Anime Sekai staff. Also please note that just because a staff member has not stopped you to check your item does not mean that the item is allowed. All decisions made by Anime Sekai and/or the Public Safety Staff of the venue are final.
COSPLAY & PROPS POLICY
It is Anime Sekai’s goal to provide a safe and family oriented convention. We require that all weapons, costume props, and any costume item that could be considered a weapon be inspected and approved upon entering the convention. If you purchase an item (s) that you would like to use as a prop for your costume that could be considered a weapon or dangerous (*see weapons policy) then you are required to clear it through peace bonding.
We do not allow concealed weapons. Your cosplay weapon may be zip-tied into the holster or sheath and may not be removed during the convention. All props and weapons must be certified regardless of whether or not they were peace bonded at a different convention.
Anime Sekai’s peace bonding station is there to ensure safety for all attendees in regards to the use of all weapons and/or props. Though we are not enforcing all the rules other conventions have, we have rules and guidelines for you to better understand our policy:
PEACE BONDING GUIDELINES
• The effectiveness, or ineffectiveness, of the item or the skill, or lack of skill, of the person in possession of the item is irrelevant when determining whether or not it is a weapon.
• All weapons & props must be approved at the peace bonding table upon entering the convention.
• If you purchase a weapon or prop such as: swords, knives, stars, air soft guns, plastic pellet guns, gun blades, wooden katanas, Kendo sticks, etc. and you intend to carry it around the convention as a prop you need to take it to peace bonding to have it approved.
• If you do not intend to use it as a prop, we would appreciate it if you kept it in the packaging and placed it in your vehicle.
Guests and Autograph Policy
We understand that getting autographs from our guests is a major highlight of the convention for many attendees, not just because it’s a fantastic souvenir, but also because it’s a chance for that tiny bit of face time with the guest. Guests, too, value that rare opportunity to meet some of their fans.
However, demand often outweighs supply, especially for very popular guests. Even the speediest and most accommodating guest can only sign so many things in a given period of time. In order to give the greatest number of fans the opportunity to meet the guest, we MUST keep the lines moving smoothly.
Anime Sekai’s official, scheduled autographing sessions are governed by the following rules:
• Anime Sekai does not and cannot guarantee that you will receive an autograph from any particular guest.
• They absolutely will NOT sign bootleg At their sole discretion, they may sign handmade, personal, or otherwise unusual items. If you are uncertain about a particular item, check first! (Guests may be offended if they’re presented with bootleg items.) As a last resort, check with the staffer in charge of the session. Anime Sekai staff may veto any item as unsuitable for signing, and such decisions are final.
• Unless a specific limit is posted for a particular guest, assume that you are limited to ONE ITEM PER PERSON.
• Do not request excessive personalization, sketches, etc. unless the guest offers.
• If you are bringing an item for the guest to sign, please have it ready for signing when you are within sight of the guest. (For CDs and DVDs, you should remove the cover insert to save time; for unusual items, please ask the autograph staff for their recommendations.)
• Anime Sekai staff reserve the right to refuse access to any attendee who fails to follow the rules.
Anime Sekai staff reserve the right to make changes to guests policies as circumstances dictate. If you have a question about policy, please see the Anime Sekai staffer in charge of the guest appearance or signing. All staff rulings are final.
Anime Sekai makes no claim of the safety or security of Attendee/Artist/Vendor(s) property. Attendee/Artist/Vendor will not hold Anime Sekai responsible for loss or damage of their property. That being said we will have security throughout the event, and the Vendor Hall/Artist Alley will be locked after setup and event hours.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
Cancellation of booth space is not permitted. Anime Skeia has a no refund policy for cancellations.
Anime Sekai has a no refund policy on vendor booths, artist tables and tickets. Before, during, and after the show let us make this clear there are no refunds for any reason. Whether you make sales or not or even if only 5 people show up to this event or any event held by Anime Sekai it is very simple there are and will not be any refunds given for any reason. All vendors also agree that by registering for this event you hold Anime Skeia, it's staff, owners, employees, and all temporary workers harmless from any lawsuits, or criminal convictions of any kind. You also understand that by registering for this event that Anime Sekai, and its management will do its best to advertise this event with what funds it has at its disposal. You also understand that their are no guarantees on the amount of people that show up to this event. We are a business and we are here to make money not lose money. We are going to do everything we can advertisement wise to bring people to this event so we don't think you will have a problem with sales. Thank you.
You agree that Anime Sekai and it's staff has the right to cancel your position at any of it's events for any reason at any time if necessary prior to each event. Any and all cost acquired by yourself before after or during the event you agree are your costs, and can't be charged to Anime Sekai.
Anti Harassment Policy
Anime Sekai enforces a strict “no harassment” policy. This policy applies to everyone present at the convention: attendees, staff, guests, vendors, etc.
Here are some examples of things that are considered to be harassment and will result in your expulsion and possibly a lifetime ban. Harassment is anything that makes someone else significantly uncomfortable; this includes but is not limited to:
Taking pictures without permission.
Encroaching on personal space and/or boundaries.
Physical assault or battery.
Unwelcome physical attention.
Sustained disruption of panels, signings, and/or other events.
Inappropriate touching of anyone at the convention.
Touching someone without their permission.
Destruction of someone’s costume.
Inappropriate language to any attendees, staff, guests or convention center staff.
Disrespectful or rude behavior.
If you feel as though you are being harassed or have witnessed harassment, please do not hesitate to tell a staff member immediately! Prompt and immediate action helps us to better solve the problem.
If necessary, we will contact local law enforcement, provide escort, offer a safe place or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to make sure they feel safe for the duration of Anime Sekai. It is our goal to creative a safe and fun environment for our attendees.
These policies may be updated from time to time, please check back periodically. The rules for this event can change at any time and you agree that it is up to you to keep up to date on all new rules and regulations prior to the event starting.
Download More Files